- (obsolete, only in collocation in ure) use, practise, exercise.
- Let us be sure of this, to put the best in ure / That lies in us.
ure (third-person singular simple present ures, present participle uring, simple past and past participle ured)
- (obsolete) To use; to exercise; to inure; to accustom by practice.
- The French soldiers […] from their youth have been practiced and ured in feats of arms. — Sir T. More.
- plural of uur
- plural indefinite of ur
- rōmaji reading of うれ
- second-person singular present active imperative of ūrō
Largely considered archaic; replaced by a Tahitian term.