| Stroke order|
| Stroke order|
學 (radical 39 子+13, 16 strokes, cangjie input 竹月弓木 (HBND), four-corner 77407, composition ⿱𦥯子)
- KangXi: page 280, character 28
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 7033
- Dae Jaweon: page 549, character 27
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 1019, character 11
- Unihan data for U+5B78
|Characters in the same phonetic series (學) (Zhengzhang, 2003) |
||*ɡruːʔ, *sɡruːɡ, *ɡruːɡ
||*kʰruːɡ, *ɡ·rɯːɡ, *ɡoːɡ, *ɡuːɡ
||*ŋɡruːɡ, *ɡruːɡ, *quːɡ
Ancient forms: 斆, 斅. The former is constructed from the skeleton of 敎／教 (“to teach”) with the addition of two extra components: 1) a 臼-like component around the top-left 爻 part, signifying hands (hands-on learning); 2) a 冖 (“cover”) over 子 (“child”), representing the cover of a building or school, i.e. the child learns in a roofed place. Shuowen regards 臼 as the phonetic component in the character, which may be true according to some Old Chinese reconstructions such as that of Pan Wuyun's, though probably not others. See 教 for more.
May be an endopassive derivation of 覺 (OC *kruːɡs, *kruːɡ, “to awake, get insight”).
- † to comprehend; to realise; to understand
- to learn; to study
- 學習 / 学习 ― xuéxí ― to study; to learn
- 我打算學攝影。 / 我打算学摄影。 ― Wǒ dǎsuàn xué shèyǐng. ― I plan to learn photography.
- to imitate; to copy; to mimic
- 鸚鵡學人語。 / 鹦鹉学人语。 ― Yīngwǔ xué rén yǔ. ― Parrots imitate human speech.
- learning; knowledge
- theory; doctrine
- subject; branch of learning; science; -ology
- 化學 / 化学 ― huàxué ― chemistry
- 生物學 / 生物学 ― shēngwùxué ― biology
- 學習／学习 (xuéxí, “to study, to learn”)
- 讀書／读书 (dúshū, “to study”)
- 念書／念书 (niànshū, “(colloquial) to study”)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji, kyūjitai kanji, shinjitai form 学)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text
學 • (hak)
Sound (hangeul): 학 (revised: hak, McCune-Reischauer: hak, Yale: hak)
Name (hangeul): 배우다 (revised: bae-uda, McCune-Reischauer: paeuda, Yale: pay.uta)
- learn, take lessons, be taught, study
學 (học, hục)
- to learn, to study
- Chữ Nôm. The modern Vietnamese equivalent is học.
- This is the regular form of the character. The common form is 学.