See also: Đ and Appendix:Variations of "d"
đ lower case (upper case Đ)
- The letter d with a stroke.
đ (upper case Đ)
- The seventh letter of the Northern Sami alphabet, written in the Latin script.
- (Latin script letters) Aa, Áá, Bb, Cc, Čč, Dd, Đđ, Ee, Ff, Gg, Hh, Ii, Jj, Kk, Ll, Mm, Nn, Ŋŋ, Oo, Pp, Rr, Ss, Šš, Tt, Ŧŧ, Uu, Vv, Zz, Žž
- A letter in the Old English alphabet (eth) representing "th" as in "this".
- (phoneme) IPA(key): /d͡ʑ/
đ (Cyrillic spelling ђ)
- The 8th letter of the Serbo-Croatian Latin alphabet (gajica), preceded by dž and followed by e.
- Sometimes written as dj.
- Đ and Dž are quite often confused by non-native speakers.
đ (upper case Đ)
- The ninth letter of the Skolt Sami alphabet, written in the Latin script.
- (Latin script letters) bukva; Aa, Ââ, Bb, Cc, Čč, Ʒʒ, Ǯǯ, Dd, Đđ, Ee, Ff, Gg, Ǧǧ, Ǥǥ, Hh, Ii, Jj, Kk, Ǩǩ, Ll, Mm, Nn, Ŋŋ, Oo, Õõ, Pp, Rr, Ss, Šš, Tt, Uu, Vv, Zz, Žž, Åå, Ää, ˊ
Spanish preposition “de” written as a ligature in capitals
Hand-painted preposition “DE” in the wild
Đ (D with stroke)
- Written form of de often found on signs rather than in literature.
The Đ Unicode character is not the same as the Spanish DE ligature, but the latter is not yet supported by Unicode. In the Spanish ligature the stroke does not cross the vertical of the D.
- (Hà Nội) IPA(key): [ˀɗe˧˧/, /ˀɗəːɰ˨˩]
- (Huế) IPA(key): [ˀɗej˧˧/, /ˀɗəːɰ˧˧]
- (Hồ Chí Minh City) IPA(key): [ˀɗej˧˥/, /ˀɗəːɰ˨˩]
- Phonetic: đê, đờ
đ (lower case, upper case Đ)
- The seventh letter of the Vietnamese alphabet, called đê or đờ and written in the Latin script.
- (Quốc ngữ letters) chữ; Aa, Ăă, Ââ, Bb, Cc, (Ch ch), Dd, Đđ, Ee, Êê, Gg, (Gh gh, Gi gi), Hh, Ii, Kk, (Kh kh), Ll, Mm, Nn, (Ng ng, Ngh ngh, Nh nh), Oo, Ôô, Ơơ, Pp, (Ph ph), Qq, (Ququ), Rr, Ss, Tt, (Th th, Tr tr), Uu, Ưư, Vv, Xx, Yy