vintage (countable and uncountable, plural vintages)
- The yield of grapes or wine from a vineyard or district during one season.
- Wine, especially high-quality, identified as to year and vineyard or district of origin.
- The harvesting of a grape crop and the initial pressing of juice for winemaking.
- The year or place in which something is produced.
yield of grapes during one season
wine identified by year and vineyard
harvesting of a grape and initial pressing for winemaking
year or place something is produced
vintage (comparative more vintage, superlative most vintage)
- (attributively) Of or relating to a vintage, or to wine identified by a specific vintage.
- (attributively) Having an enduring appeal; high-quality
- (attributively) Classic (such as video or computer games from the 1980s and early 1990s, or old magazines, etc.).
- (attributively) Of a motor car, built between the years 1919 and (usually) 1930 (or sometimes 1919 to 1925 in the USA).
- Of a watch, produced between the years 1870 and 1980.
Terms derived from vintage
relating to a vintage or to wine identified by a specific vintage
having an enduring appeal; classic
of a car, built between 1919 and 1930
of a watch, produced between the years 1870 and 1980
vintage (third-person singular simple present vintages, present participle vintaging, simple past and past participle vintaged)
- (transitive) To harvest (grapes).
- (transitive) To make (wine) from grapes.