vosotros m pl
- you (the group being addressed)
- (subject pronoun: the group being addressed): vós
From older vos (“you”) (plural), from Latin vōs, and otros (“others”), plural of otro, from Latin alter (“other”). Compare Galician vosoutros, Catalan vosaltres, Occitan vosautres, French vous autres, Italian voialtri.
vosotros (feminine: vosotras)
- (informal) you; second person masculine plural personal pronoun.
- The use of this pronoun, along with os, in ordinary spoken language is confined to the Philippines and Spain, excluding southwestern regions of Spain and most of the Canary Islands. Elsewhere in the Spanish-speaking world, it is found only in formal legal and religious language.
Spanish personal pronouns
- Like other masculine Spanish words, masculine Spanish pronouns can be used when the gender of the subject is unknown or when the subject is plural and of mixed gender.
- If le or les precedes lo, la, los, or las in a clause, it is replaced with se (e.g., "Se lo dije" instead of "Le lo dije")
1 Not used with con; conmigo, contigo, and consigo are used instead, respectively
2 Treated as if it were third-person for purposes of conjugation and reflexivity
3 Depending on the implicit gender of the object being referred to
4 Used only in Spain
5 Used only in rare circumstances