scooter (plural scooters)
- A kick scooter.
- A small motor-powered bicycle of similar design, also motor scooter.
- A mobility scooter, i.e. an electric-powered scooter specially designed for disabled and/or elderly people.
- Any of the large, black ducks of the genus Melanitta; the scoter.
- A type of ice yacht known at least in the state of New York, equipped with runners for travelling over ice. The body has a flat bottom and is capable of floating in the water which makes it safe to use also on thin ice.
- Finnish: mustalintu (fi)
- Greek: μαυρόπαπια f (mavrópapia)
scooter (third-person singular simple present scooters, present participle scootering, simple past and past participle scootered)
- To ride on a scooter.
2005, October 24, Love Those Boomers:
- But execs at parent company Piaggio noticed something odd as they scootered back and forth to their Manhattan offices […]
Borrowing from English scooter.
scooter m (invariable)
- scooter (motor-powerred bicycle, sailing vessel)