idiomatic (comparative more idiomatic, superlative most idiomatic)
- Pertaining or conforming to the mode of expression characteristic of a language.
- Resembling or characteristic of an idiom.
- Using many idioms.
- (music) Parts or pieces which are written both within the natural physical limitations of the instrument and human body and, less so or less often, the styles of playing used on specific instruments.
pertaining or conforming to the mode of expression characteristic of a language
resembling or characteristic of an idiom
parts or pieces of or styles of playing music
- idiomatic in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- idiomatic in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913