dim sum (uncountable)
- A Cantonese-style meal traditionally eaten in late morning or early afternoon comprising tea and food typically placed in small steamer baskets or on small plates and often served from carts that move around from table to table in a restaurant.
- The food served at a dim sum meal, typically including dumplings, seafood and desserts.
- See also Wikisaurus:dim sum
- Japanese: 点心 (ja) (てんじん, tenjin; てんしん, tenshin)
- Korean: 딤섬 (dimseom) (點心)
- Portuguese: dim sum m
- Russian: димса́м m (dimsám), дяньси́нь m (djanʹsínʹ)
- Thai: ติ่มซำ (dtìm-sam)
- Vietnamese: điểm tâm (vi) (點心)
dim sum m (plural dim sums)
- dim sum (Cantonese meal eaten in the late morning or early afternoon)