storage (usually uncountable, plural storages)
- (countable) The act of storing goods; the state of being stored.
- There's a lot of storage space in the loft.
- (usually countable) An object or place in which something is stored.
2009 February 1, Staff writers, “Fires rage as business counts cost”, in Herald Sun:
- Melbourne's water storages plunged by 0.7 per cent in a week, down to 33.1 per cent capacity, as Victoria recorded its second-driest January on record.
- 2011 (2008), Wan Renpu, Petroleum Industry Press (translator), Advanced Well Completion Engineering, page 115,
- Underground natural gas storages are underground facilities for storing natural gas. At present, there are three types of underground natural gas storages worldwide, which include depleted oil and gas reservoir gas storages, salt-cave gas storages and aquifer storages.
- 2012, A. Grinham, B. Gibbes, D. Gale, M. Watkinson, M. Bartow (University of Queensland), Extreme rainfall and drinking water quality: a regional perspective, C. A. Brebbia, Water Pollution XI, page 187,
- Low impact storages included the northern and southern region′s Cooloolabin Dam, Baroon Pocket Dam, Leslie Harrison Dam, Hinze Dam and Little Nerang Dam. Highly impacted storages included central region′s Wivenhoe Dam, Somerset Dam and North Pine Dam (Fig. 2), where TSS concentrations in these central storages where[sic] more than double compared to northern and southern storages (Fig. 2A).
- (usually uncountable, computing) Any computer device, including such as a disk, on which data is stored for a longer term than memory.
- I′d recommend backing up these files to storage before reinstalling the operating system.
- 2007, Ramesh Bangia, Computer Fundamentals and Information Technology, Firewall Media, India, page 43,
- Secondary storages are used to store system programs (viz; operating system, assembler, interpreter, compiler and so on), data files, software packages and so on.
- (uncountable) The price charged for storing goods.
The plural form appears to be more common in Australian English.
- cloud storage
- digital storage
- Hungarian: tároló (hu)
- Maori: putunga
- Norwegian: lager (no) n
- Portuguese: armazém (pt) m, depósito (pt) m
- Romanian: depozit (ro) n, magazie (ro) f, rezervor (ro) n
- Russian: склад (ru) m (sklad), храни́лище (ru) n (xranílišče)
- Spanish: almacén (es) m, depósito (es) m, bodega (es) f
- Swedish: lager (sv) n, förråd (sv) n, magasin (sv), magasinsutrymme, lagerutrymme
- Cantonese: 儲存, 储存 (cyu5 cyun4, cyu4 cyun4)
- Hakka: 儲存, 储存 (chhù-chhùn, chhù-sùn)
- Mandarin: 儲存 (zh), 储存 (zh) (chǔcún, chúcún), 存儲 (zh), 存储 (zh) (cúnchǔ, cúnchú)
- Min Nan: 儲存, 储存 (tû-chûn)
- Czech: úložiště n
- Finnish: tiedontallennusväline
- French: stockage (fr) m, mémorisation (fr) f (rare)
- German: Speicher (de) m
storage (third-person singular simple present storages, present participle storaging, simple past and past participle storaged)
- To put into storage; to store.