Webster 1913 Edition
Webster 1828 Edition
pantry (plural pantries)
- A small room, closet, or cabinet usually located in or near the kitchen, dedicated to food storage and/or storing kitchenware. Since the pantry is not typically temperature-controlled (unlike a refrigerator or root cellar), the foods stored in a pantry are usually shelf-stable staples such as grains, flours, and preserved foods.
- (room): walk-in pantry, walk-in, larder, press (Irish & Scots)
- (closet): cupboard (UK), kitchen closet, larder, press (Irish & Scots)
- (cabinet): cupboard, kitchen cabinet
- Food storage on Wikipedia.Wikipedia