luce (plural luces)
- The pike, Esox lucius, when fully grown.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Halliwell to this entry?)
From Latin lūcem, accusative form of lūx (“light”), from Proto-Italic *louks, from the Proto-Indo-European root *lewk- (“bright; white”).
- IPA(key): /ˈlut͡ʃe/, [ˈl̺uː.t͡ʃe]
luce f (plural luci)
- light (visible electromagnetic wave; electrical device providing light)
- third-person singular present indicative of lucere
- ablative singular of lux
- second-person singular present active imperative of lūceō
- Informal second-person singular (tú) affirmative imperative form of lucir.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present indicative form of lucir.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present indicative form of lucir.