helga (weak verb, third-person singular past indicative helgaði, supine helgað)
- (transitive, governs the accusative) to consecrate; (to declare, or otherwise make something holy) (confer helgur)
- (transitive, governs the accusative) to dedicate
- Hún helgaði honum bók.
- She dedicated a book to him.
- helga sér (to make something one's own)
- helga sig (to dedicate oneself to something)
- tilgangurinn helgar meðalið (the end justifies the mean)
- helga þing ("to initiate a conference with special rites"; compare Old Norse þinghelgi (“holy boundary of a meeting”))
helga m, f
- definite feminine singular of helg
- definite singular of helg