crud (plural cruds)
- Dirt, filth or refuse.
- (figuratively, by extension) Something of poor quality.
- Mixed impurities, especially corrosion products in nuclear reactor fuel.
- A heavy wet snow on which it is difficult to ski.
- (euphemistic) Feces; excrement.
- A contemptible person.
- (slang, US, military and students) venereal disease, or (later) any disease.
- A fast-paced game, loosely based on billiards or pool, with many players participating at the same time.
heavy wet snow on which it is difficult to ski
slang for disease
- Dutch: smeerlapperij (nl), viezigheid (nl)
- Non-vulgar interjection expressing annoyance, anxiety, etc.; sugar, damn.
From Latin crūdus.
crud m, n (feminine singular crudă, masculine plural cruzi, feminine and neuter plural crude)
- raw, uncooked
- (of fruits) unripe
- brutal, cruel, barbarous
declension of crud