See also: ви and Appendix:Variations of "bi"
Ви • (Vi) (personal, possessive)
- Short form of the polite second-person singular or plural pronoun in the accusative case, used as the direct object of a verb; you.
- Каква изненада да Ви видя тук, господин Димитров!
- Kakva iznenada da Vi vidja tuk, gospodin Dimitrov!
- What a surprise to see you here, Mr. Dimitrov!
- Short form of the polite second-person singular or plural pronoun in the dative case, used as the indirect object of a verb; to you, for you, you.
- Госопожо Петрова, мисля, че не Ви се представих.
- Gosopožo Petrova, mislja, če ne Vi se predstavih.
- Mrs. Petrova, I don't think I've introduced myself to you.
- Short form of the polite second-person singular or plural possessive pronoun; your.
- Госопожо Петрова, съпругът Ви още не е пристигнал.
- Gosopožo Petrova, sǎprugǎt Vi ošte ne e pristignal.
- Mrs. Petrova, your husband has not arrived yet.
- The personal pronoun Вие and its forms Вас and Ви are comparable to French vous, German Sie, and are used not only in the informal plural sense, but also as the formal singular and plural, in which case they are always capitalised. The formal Вие is appropriate with strangers, business contacts, and all but one's friends. (The informal ти should only be used with close family and friends).
Bulgarian personal pronouns
Bulgarian possessive pronouns
Ви • (Vi)
- Short indirect object form of Вие (Vie).