tian (plural tians)
- An oval cooking-pot, traditionally used in Provence.
- accusative singular of tia
- Obsolete form of tiam.
- Nonstandard spelling of tiān.
- Nonstandard spelling of tián.
- Nonstandard spelling of tiǎn.
- Nonstandard spelling of tiàn.
- English transcriptions of Mandarin speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Mandarin language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.
From Proto-Germanic *tehun.
- (cardinal) ten
- North Frisian: (Mooring) tin (Föhr-Amrum) tjiin, (Helgoland) tain
- Saterland Frisian: tjoon
- West Frisian: tsien
- definite singular of tia