regression (countable and uncountable, plural regressions)
- An action of regressing, a return to a previous state.
- 1899: Thorstein Veblen, The Theory of the Leisure Class
- Few of these groups or communities that are classed as "savage" show no traces of regression from a more advanced cultural stage.
- An action of travelling back in time.
- (psychotherapy) A psychotherapeutic method whereby healing is facilitated by inducing the patient to act out behaviour typical of an earlier developmental stage.
- (statistics) An analytic method to measure the association of one or more independent variables with a dependent variable.
- (statistics) An equation using specified and associated data for two or more variables such that one variable can be estimated from the remaining variable(s).
- (programming) The reappearance of a bug in a piece of software that had previously been fixed.
- (medicine) The diminishing of a cellular mass like a tumor, or of an organ size.
an action of regressing, a return to a previous state
an analytic method to measure the relationship between two variables
- Genitive singular form of regressio.