petite (comparative more petite, superlative most petite)
- Of a woman: fairly short and of slim build.
- Of women's clothing: of small size.
- Small, little; insignificant; petty.
- 1662, Thomas Salusbury, Galileo's Dialogue on the Two Systems of the World (Dialogue Two)
- The Earth, the Sun, and Stars, what things are they in nature? are they petite things not worth our notice, or grand and worthy of consideration?
Of a woman: fairly short and of slim build
of women's clothing: of small size
small, little; insignificant; petty
- past adverbial passive participle of peti
- IPA(key): /pə.tit/, /ptit/
- (Quebec) IPA(key): /p(ə)tsɪt/
- feminine singular of petit
- second-person plural present active imperative of petō