Webster 1913 Edition
[Gr. [GREEK]: cf. F.
Of or pertaining to pathology.–
pathological (comparative more pathological, superlative most pathological)
- (medicine) Pertaining to pathology.
- (medicine) Relating to, amounting to, causing, or caused by a physical or mental disorder.
- (mathematics) Having properties which are counterintuitive or difficult to handle.
- (computer science) Having properties that cause unusually bad behaviour, especially regarding correctness or performance.
- (medicine, of a physical or mental disorder): pathologic (US)
- (mathematics): well-behaved
pertaining to pathology
relating to or caused by a physical or mental disorder
mathematics: having counterintuitive properties
computer science: having properties that cause unusually bad behaviour