- Alternative spelling of mop water
- 1949, Cornell University, Epoch, p196
- Below in the narrow valley, a gray stream simmered, no more than a trickle of mopwater in summer.
- 1998, Loudell Snow, Walkin' Over Medicine, p92
- The wary householder might also sprinkle salt around the house to keep away unwanted visitors, add a dollop of pepper and a little urine to the mopwater to prohibit the entry of evil spirits, ...
- 2004, Joe Jackson, How I Left the Great State of Tennessee and Went on to Better Things, p39
- He was a scrawny sort, not over seventeen, with pimples in the corners of his lips and hair the color of mopwater.