- Denoting the middle part.
2013 June 29, “Unspontaneous combustion”, in The Economist, volume 407, number 8842, page 29:
- Since the mid-1980s, when Indonesia first began to clear its bountiful forests on an industrial scale in favour of lucrative palm-oil plantations, “haze” has become an almost annual occurrence in South-East Asia.
- He's in his mid-thirties (meaning he is roughly around the age of 34-35, as opposed to one's early thirties — aged roughly 30-33 — and one's late thirties — aged roughly around 36-39).
- He was born in the mid-1930s.
- Occupying a middle position.
- a mid-shoulder stretch
- During, in the middle of doing something.
- He was hit by a ball mid-jump.
Old English miþ, mit, mid (“with, together”)
- with, in conjunction with; together (with)
- midwist (“presence, company; society; cooperation”)
- midrād "an accompaniment, a riding with"
- Denoting the middle part
- midstrēam "midstream"
- Occupying a middle position
- midspreca "an advocate, intermediary"
- mid-, middle
► <a class='CategoryTreeLabel CategoryTreeLabelNs14 CategoryTreeLabelCategory' href='/wiki/Category:Swedish_words_prefixed_with_mid-'>Swedish words prefixed with mid-</a>