- An expression of disgust or contempt.
- Linda Glaser, Bridge to America: Based on a True Story (2005) p. 116:
- Kvola made a face. "It’s worse than an outhouse." She covered her nose. "Uh!" "It is" "Feh!" We all agreed and covered our noses. But Ma wasn't interested in our complaints.
- It smelled like rotten food, stinking bodies, and stale air. Feh!
- Sidney Weissman, East Side Stories: Tales of Jewish Life in the Lower East Side of New York in the 1930’s (2000) p. 100:
- "A gangster. Feh! Disgusting” she said roughly grabbing Marty by the arm. "We go across the street."
- Barry B. Longyear, Enemy Mine (1980) p. 81:
- "Look at it, how its pale skin blotches — and that evil-smelling thatch on top. Feh! The smell!
Usually followed by an exclamation point.