Webster 1913 Edition
One who buys; a purchaser.
Webster 1828 Edition
See also: bûyer
buyer (plural buyers)
- A person who makes one or more purchases.
- Every person who steps through the door is a potential buyer, so acknowledge their presence.
- (retailing) A person who purchases items for resale in a retail establishment.
- The supermarket's new buyer decided to stock a larger range of vegetarian foods.
- (manufacturing) A person who purchases items consumed or used as components in the manufacture of products.
- (retailing and manufacturing senses): purchasing agent
person who makes purchases