A man playing air guitar
air guitar (plural air guitars)
- An imaginary guitar that a listener to (usually rock) music pretends to play.
- I was embarrassed when a girl I knew walked in on my friends and I playing air guitar.
imaginary guitar that a person pretends to play
- German: Luftgitarre (de) f
- Hungarian: léggitár
- Mongolian: агаарын гитар (agaaryn gitar)
- Portuguese: air guitar m f
air guitar (third-person singular simple present air guitars, present participle air guitaring, simple past and past participle air guitared)
- (intransitive) To mime the action of playing a guitar.
- 2014, John L. Arnott, Magic Tales, AuthorHouse, ISBN 9781491858097 (hardcover), ISBN 9781491858103 (softcover), 191:
- Randy put his hand in the air and gave Ryan a resounding high-five, yelling, “Oh yeah!” and starts to air guitar, triggering the rest of the family to air guitar with him.
to mime the action of playing a guitar
air guitar m or f (in variation) (uncountable)
- air guitar (imaginary guitar that a person pretends to play)