An acoustic guitar
guitar (plural guitars)
- (music) A stringed musical instrument, of European origin, usually with a fretted fingerboard and six strings, played with the fingers or a plectrum (guitar pick).
- (music) Any type of musical instrument of the lute family, characterized by a flat back, along with a neck whose upper surface is in the same plane as the soundboard, with strings along the neck and parallel to the soundboard.
- axe (slang)
- gat (New Zealand slang)
guitar (third-person singular simple present guitars, present participle guitaring, simple past and past participle guitared)
- (rare) To play the guitar.
- Appendix:Glossary of chordophones
- IPA(key): /ɡitar/, [ˈɡ̊itˢɑːˀ]
guitar c (singular definite guitaren, plural indefinite guitarer)