Webster 1913 Edition
To make worse; to deteriorate; to impair.
It is apparent that, in the particular point of which we have been conversing, their condition is greatly
To get the better of; to worst.
To grow or become worse.
Indifferent health, which seemed rather to
Webster 1828 Edition
worsen (third-person singular simple present worsens, present participle worsening, simple past and past participle worsened)
- (transitive) To make worse; to impair.
- The global warming has worsened the weather.
- It is apparent that, in the particular point of which we have been conversing, their condition is greatly worsened.
- (intransitive) To become worse; to get worse.
- The weather has worsened.
- (transitive, obsolete) To get the better of; to worst.
transitive: make worse
intransitive: get worse