trocar (plural trocars)
- A pointed hollow cylindrical device used to make small incisions and surgically insert cannulas, etc., into body cavities, or to aspirate fluids.
- French: trocart (fr) m
- German: Trokar m
From Old Portuguese trocar, of uncertain origin. Compare Spanish trocar and French troquer.
- (Portugal) IPA(key): /tɾuˈkaɾ/
- (Brazil) IPA(key): /tɾoˈka(ʁ)/
- Hyphenation: tro‧car
trocar (first-person singular present indicative troco, past participle trocado)
- to change, exchange
- First-person singular (eu) personal infinitive of trocar
- Third-person singular (ele, ela, also used with tu and você?) personal infinitive of trocar
- First-person singular (eu) future subjunctive of trocar
- Third-person singular (ele, ela, also used with tu and você?) future subjunctive of trocar
For usage examples of this term, see Citations:trocar.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb trocar
From Latin trocare. Cognate to English truck.
trocar (first-person singular present trueco, first-person singular preterite troqué, past participle trocado)
- to barter
- Rule: o becomes ue in stressed syllables; c becomes qu before e.
Other verbs with this conjugation:
► <a class='CategoryTreeLabel CategoryTreeLabelNs14 CategoryTreeLabelCategory' href='/wiki/Category:Spanish_verbs_ending_in_-ar_(conjugation_-car_(o-ue))'>Spanish verbs ending in -ar (conjugation -car (o-ue))</a>