transmuter (plural transmuters)
- One who, or that which, transmutes.
- 2002, Lawrence Principe, Lloyd DeWitt, Transmutations (page 8)
- Hopeful transmuters of metals thus became associated with counterfeiters and forgers. Accordingly, during his tour of the Inferno, Dante meets two alchemists deep in the eighth circle of **** […]
Borrowing from Latin trānsmūtō.
- (transitive) to transmute
Conjugation of transmuter (see also Appendix:French verbs)
- first-person singular present passive subjunctive of trānsmūtō