- present participle of spot
spotting (plural spottings)
- A spotted pattern.
- 1954, Thomas H. Everett, The American Gardener's Book of Bulbs (page 161)
- Symptoms consist of various foliage spottings and blotchings.
- The act of spotting or sighting something.
- 2009, Marine Corps (US), Close Air Support and the Battle for Khe Sanh (page 100)
- Although the NVA went to great lengths to conceal the locations of their artillery, they had to expose them at the time of firing. Less reliable than visual spottings were electronic intercepts […]