roaster (plural roasters)
- One who roasts food.
- 2011, Ruth A. Johnston, All Things Medieval: An Encyclopedia of the Medieval World
- […] they [professional cooks] had as many as 25 helpers, such as saucerers, larders, roasters, pottagers, bakers, spicers, and fruiterers, not to mention spit turners and scullions.
- (cooking) A kitchen utensil used for roasting.
- A chicken, pig, etc. suitable for roasting.
- One who roasts or banters, especially as a comedy routine.
- (planetology, informal) A hot Jupiter.
- (Scotland, slang, derogatory) An objectionable person; somebody making a fool of themselves.