Webster 1913 Edition
Webster 1828 Edition
1.In fortification, a sloping bank; that mass of earth which serves as a parapet to the covered way, having an easy slope or declivity towards the champaign or field.
See also: glacis
- An administrative district in Seychelles
See also: Glacis
glacis (plural glacises or glacis)
- (military) A gentle incline in front of a fortification.
- (military) The angled armour plate on the front of a tank; glacis plate.
- (geomorphology) An erosional or depositional landform, with little slope.
- (postal service) A device for sorting mail which slides parcels across a sloped surface.
angled armour plate
device for sorting mail
- past of glacar