- present participle of fair
fairing (plural fairings)
- A structure on various parts of a vehicle, for example an aircraft, automobile, or motorcycle, that produces a smooth exterior and reduces drag
- (rare) A present; originally, one given or purchased at a fair.
- (Scotland, obsolete) Something edible; fare.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Robert Burns, Tam o' Shanter to this entry?): Tam is warned that the witches will "get thy fairin', in **** they'll roast thee like a herrin'".
- fairing in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913