cerulean (countable and uncountable, plural ceruleans)
- A greenish-blue color
- 2014, William H. Gass, On Being Blue: A Philosophical Inquiry (page 59)
- For our blues we have the azures and ceruleans, lapis lazulis, the light and dusty, the powder blues, the deeps: royal, sapphire, navy, and marine […]
cerulean (comparative more cerulean, superlative most cerulean)
A cerulean sky.
- 1920, Peter B. Kyne, The Understanding Heart, Chapter II
- As far to the west as Monica could see, her world was a sea of fog, … . Above it arched a cerulean sky; as the sun climbed to the zenith, …, the fog gradually took on a bluish tinge.
- (blues) blue; Alice blue, aqua, aquamarine, azure, baby blue, beryl, bice, bice blue, blue green, blue violet, blueberry, cadet blue, Cambridge blue, cerulean, cobalt blue, Copenhagen blue, cornflower, cornflower blue, cyan, Dodger blue, duck-egg blue, eggshell blue, electric-blue, gentian blue, ice blue, lapis lazuli, lovat, mazarine, midnight blue, navy, Nile blue, Oxford blue, peacock blue, petrol blue, powder blue, Prussian blue, robin's-egg blue, royal blue, sapphire, saxe blue, slate blue, sky blue, teal, turquoise, ultramarine, Wedgwood blue, zaffre (Category: en:Blues)