beachy (comparative beachier, superlative beachiest)
- Pertaining to the material making up the edge of a seashore, as with pebbles, gravel, and sand.
- 1597, Shakespeare, 2 Henry IV, Act 3, Scene 1.
- O God! that one might read the book of fate,
- And see the revolution of the times
- Make mountains level, and the continent,
- Weary of solid firmness, melt itself
- Into the sea! and, other times, to see
- The beachy girdle of the ocean
- Too wide for Neptune's hips; how chances mock,
- And changes fill the cup of alteration
- With divers liquors!
- Pertaining to a beach or something beach-like.
- 2004 Exporters, here's a "beachy" place to get your feet wet. It's close by, and one of the main tourist destinations in the Caribbean. — USDA site