avo (plural avos)
- A subdivision of currency, equal to 1/100 of a Macanese pataca.
From Latin avus (“grandfather, ancestor, old man”), from Proto-Indo-European *h₂éwh₂os.
- IPA(key): /ˈa.vo/
- Hyphenation: a‧vo
avo (accusative singular avon, plural avoj, accusative plural avojn)
- Mia avo estas la patro de mia patro.
- My grandfather is the father of my father.
- (nonstandard) grandparent
From Esperanto avo (“grandfather, grandparent”), from Latin avus (“grandfather, ancestor, old man”), from Proto-Indo-European *h₂ewh₂yos.
avo (plural avi)
- avulo (“grandfather”)
- avino (“grandmother”)
- geavi (“grandfathers and grandmothers”)
- preavo (“great-grandparent”)
- preavulo (“great-grandfather”)
- preavino (“great-grandmother”)
- pregeavi (“great-grandfathers and great-grandmothers”)
- dative singular of avus
- ablative singular of avus