verwandt (comparative verwandter, superlative am verwandtesten)
- related (connected by blood, adoption, or marriage)
- related (standing in relation or connection)
Positive forms of verwandt
Comparative forms of verwandt
Superlative forms of verwandt
- In a narrower sense verwandt includes relatives by blood and adoption, their spouses and one’s own spouse—but not other “in-laws”. The latter are then specified with the adjective verschwägert (“related by marriage”).
- An even narrower sense is blutsverwandt (“related by blood”).
connected by blood, adoption, or marriage
standing in relation or connection
- inflected form of verwenden