Webster 1913 Edition
translativusthat is to be transferred: cf. F.
Webster 1828 Edition
translative (comparative more translative, superlative most translative)
- of, or relating to the movement of a person or thing from one place to another
- of, or relating to the translation of language
- (linguistics) of, or relating to the translative case
- In the form of a trope; figurative.
- a translative sense
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Puttenham to this entry?)
translative (plural translatives)
- the translative case
- a word in the translative case
translative case — see translative case
- feminine singular of translatif
- vocative masculine singular of translātivus