- act, deed
- Se oli mahtava teko.
- It was a great achievement.
- As modifier in a compound term, signifies artificial, manmade, false, mock, cod, simulated.
- tekohammas = false tooth
- tekolatina = cod Latin
- tekonahka = simulated leather
- tekopyhä = hypocritical
- tekosilkki = artificial silk
- tekotimantti = manmade diamond
- As modifier in a compound term, refers to a deed, especially in a legal context.
- tekopaikka = the location where an act takes place; crime scene
- tekotapa = way of doing something, method
- tekoväline = any object that is used as the means of committing a crime
As a modifier teko- can be combined with a large number of nouns and adjectives. Some of the most common combinations are listed below.
- rōmaji reading of てこ