take back (third-person singular simple present takes back, present participle taking back, simple past took back, past participle taken back)
- To retract an earlier statement
- No, you are not fat; I take it all back.
- To cause to remember some past event or time
- That tune takes me back to my childhood.
- To resume a relationship
- She has forgiven him, and taken him back.
- To regain possession of something
- The wedding is off, and he has taken back the ring.
- To return something to a vendor for a refund
- Take back faulty goods to the shop where you bought them.
retract an earlier statement
cause to remember some past event or time
to regain possession of something
to return something to a vendor for a refund