- (idiomatic) To snore loudly.
- 1998 Jan. 23, Diane Chang, "Monsignor Kekumano is now in heaven," Honolulu Star-Bulletin:
- Monsignor Charles Kekumano, 78, was snoring loudly in his bed. Every so often, he would stop sawing wood—and break into the delightfully mischievous grin that made him so famous.
- 2009, Elizabeth Haydon, The Dragon's Lair, ISBN 9780765347749, p. 125 (Google preview):
- "You keep all of Mouse Lodge awake sawing wood every night. You're a fine one to complain about someone else snoring."
idioms meaning "to snore"
- Random House Webster's Unabridged Electronic Dictionary, 1987-1996.