Webster 1913 Edition
Of or pertaining to rudiments; consisting in first principles; elementary; initial;
Very imperfectly developed; in an early stage of development; embryonic.
rudimentary (comparative more rudimentary, superlative most rudimentary)
- Of or relating to one or more rudiments.
- I have only a rudimentary grasp of chemistry.
- Basic; minimal; with less than, or only the minimum, necessary.
- His grasp of rudimentary English allowed him at least to do the shopping.
- His rudimentary driving skills meant that he was a danger on the road.
of or relating to rudiments
rudimentary (plural rudimentaries)