- simple past tense and past participle of rip
ripped (comparative more ripped, superlative most ripped)
- Torn, either partly or into separate pieces.
- Pulled away from forcefully.
- In data storage, transferred to a hard disk from another portable media form.
- Copied or stolen usually from an identified source.
- (bodybuilding) Having extremely low bodyfat content so that the shape of the underlying muscles become pronounced. Said especially of well-defined abdominal muscles.
- 1988, Steve Holman, "Christian Conquers Columbus", Ironman 47 (6): 28-34.
- With the average male competitor weighing around 220, the total poundage of raw, ripped mass in the preliminary lineup is over 3,700 pounds.
- 2010, Bill Geiger, "6-pack Abs in 9 Weeks", Reps! 17:106
- That's the premise of the overload principle, and it must be applied, even to ab training, if you're going to develop a cut, ripped midsection.
- (slang) Drunk, inebriated.
torn, either partly or into separate pieces
pulled away from forcefully
copied or stolen usu. from an identified source
having extremely low body fat content