rigour (plural rigours)
- Severity or strictness.
- A trembling or shivering response.
- Character of being unyielding or inflexible.
- Shrewd questioning.
- Higher level of difficulty.
- (Britain, slang) Misspelling of rigor. An abbreviated form of rigour mortis.
a harsh or severe experience
a trembling or shivering response
character of being unyielding or inflexible
an abbreviated form of rigor mortis
higher level of difficulty
- rigour in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- rigour in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911