- present participle of ramble
- Of a speech: meandering, long and digressing.
- Confused and irregular; awkward.
- 1859, Charles Dickens, The Haunted House
- Except that the house had an immensely large rambling loft at top, I made no other discoveries.
long and digressing of a speech
rambling (plural ramblings)
- A long meandering talk with no specific topic or direction.
- 1941, Harold Sinclair, Years of Illusion (page 145)
- […] listening with great interest to Martha's ramblings about "The War."
- A gentle hike.