Rainforest in Daintree National Park, Australia
rainforest (countable and uncountable, plural rainforests)
- A forest in a climate with high annual rainfall and no dry season.
- 2002, Chris C. Park, Tropical Rainforests, page 27,
- Perhaps the most impressive expression of species diversity is the density of species found in a given area of rainforest.
- 2004, Nigel E. Stork, 24: The Theory and Practice of Planning for Long-Term Conservation of Biodiversity of Wet Tropics Rainforests in Australia, Eldredge Bermingham, Christopher W. Dick, Craig Moritz (editors), Tropical Rainforests: Past, Present, and Future, page 508
- Tropical rainforests in Australia have suffered a fate similar in many ways to that of rainforests elsewhere in the world, but considerable progress in safeguarding the future of what remains has been made.
- 2014, Nick Hunter, Rainforests, page 38,
- Enjoy your visit to the rainforests, because the next time you go there things could be very different.
forest in a climate with high annual rainfall and no dry season