public domain (uncountable)
- The realm of intellectual property which is not protected by patents or copyright, i.e. over which no person or other legal entity can establish a proprietary interest.
- This book is in the public domain.
- There is very little information about the treaty which is in the public domain.
- Open land such as unowned prairie in the western and southwestern United States; space not subject to a land patent.
realm of intellectual property
attributive: not subject to any copyright or patent restrictions
- Mandarin: 公有土地 (gōngyǒu tǔdì), 公地 (zh) (gōngdì)
- Finnish: tekijänoikeudeton