pretentious (comparative more pretentious, superlative most pretentious)
- Marked by an unwarranted claim to importance or distinction.
- Their song titles are pretentious in the context of their basic lyrics.
- Ostentatious; intended to impress others.
- Her dress was obviously more pretentious than comfortable.
- See also Wikisaurus:arrogant
marked by an unwarranted claim to importance or distinction
intended to impress others
↑ The Concise Oxford English Dictionary [Eleventh Edition]
- pretentious in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- pretentious in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- pretentious at OneLook Dictionary Search