o senhor m (plural os senhores, feminine a senhora, feminine plural as senhoras)
- (formal) second-person masculine singular personal pronoun; you
- Used in literal contexts: see o, senhor.
- Used to show respect when talking to someone older or to a hierarchical superior (such as a boss or a teacher). It represents a higher degree of formality when compared to você and tu.
- Although being a second-person pronoun, it should always take third-person verb forms.
- Because senhor is also an euphemism for old person, some people may take offence at being addressed with o senhor.