meng- (Jawi spelling مڠ-)
- agent focus, frequently but erroneously called "active voice", for AVO word order.
- mengatur (“to arrange; arranges; arranging”)
- membaca (“to read; reads; reading”)
- mencabut (“to remove; removes; removing”)
- menderma (“to donate; donates; donating”)
- mengelak (“to avoid; avoids; avoiding”)
- memahami (“to understand; understands; understanding”)
- memfitnah (“to lie; lies; lying (about someone)”)
- menggali (“to dig; digs; digging”)
- menghantar (“to deliver; delivers; delivering”)
- mengikat (“to tie; ties; tying”)
- menjolok (“to poke; pokes; poking”)
- mengira (“to count; counts; counting”)
- melamar (“to propose; proposes; proposing”)
- memakan (“to eat; eats; eating”)
- menyanyi (“to sing; sings; singing”)
- mengolah (“to edit; edits; editing”)
- memukul (“to hit; hits; hitting”)
- merawat (“to treat; treats; treating”)
- menyapu (“to sweep; sweep; sweeping”)
- menambah (“to add; adds; adding”)
- mengurus (“to manage; manages; managing”)
- mengebom (“to bomb; bombs; bombing”)
- (before l, m, n, ng, ny, r, w and y) meng- will be written as me-.
- (before b and f) meng- will be written as mem-.
- (before p and rarely f) meng- will be written as mem- and will require the removal of the first p or f.
- (before c, d, j and z) meng- will be written as men-.
- (before t) meng- will be written as men- and will require the removal of the first t.
- (before g and h) meng- remains written as meng-.
- (before k) meng- remains written as meng- and will require the removal of the first k.
- (before s) meng- will be written as meny- and will require the removal of the first s.
- (before monosyllabic roots) meng- will be written as menge-.