marplot (plural marplots)
- A meddlesome person whose activity interferes with the plans of others. [from 18th c.]
- 1920, Peter B. Kyne, The Understanding Heart, Chapter XI
- “The old marplot has discovered the baby,” Monica whispered. “I suppose it cried and woke him up, and now he thinks he's witness to a miracle.”
- 2012, Michael Burleigh, ‘Keeping the Flame Alive’, Literary Review, 402:
- Unthinking Anglo-Saxons regard him as a Gallic marplot, rather than the great twentieth-century statesman he was – certainly the greatest Frenchman since Napoleon.
- gatecrasher, interloper, peeping tom, persona non grata, encroacher, backseat driver, kibitzer, meddler, nosy parker, intruder, buttinsky, busybody, yenta