loathsomeness (countable and uncountable, plural loathsomenesses)
- The property or nature that gives rise to revulsion, that inspires loathing.
- 1813, Percy Bysshe Shelley, Queen Mab, I:
- Must putrefaction’s breath / Leave nothing of this heavenly sight / But loathsomeness and ruin?
- (countable) A loathsome thing.
- H. P. Lovecraft
- After it raced the naked, tittering, phosphorescent thing that belonged on the carven pedestal, and still farther behind panted the dark men, and all the dread crew of sentient loathsomenesses. The corpse was gaining on its pursuers […]